Terms and Conditions for submitting work to the Coal and Community Project.
1. You own the rights to your work and allow the University of Newcastle (UoN) to use your work in this way.
By submitting Your Content, including any comments, photographs, video, music, audio, graphics and text ("Your Content") to the University of Newcastle, you grant the University a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in all media throughout the world in perpetuity for non-commercial purposes. This includes the non-exclusive right throughout the world to communicate Your Content in whole or in part to the public on any media platform and the right to provide Your Content in any format.
2. You are not infringing anyone else's copyright or other rights in your work.
You warrant that:
You hold copyright of the work or;
You have permission in writing from all relevant copyright owners to grant the University of Newcastle the licence to use the work as outlined above or;
The work is in the public domain.
3. The University of Newcastle can edit your work.
The University has the right to edit your work
4. The University of Newcastle can choose not to publish your work.
You acknowledge that the University of Newcastle is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions. Use of the work is at the discretion of the University.
Plain English Version:
By contributing to the site you agree:
- that you created any content submitted to the site; or you have the written permission of the author/photographer/creator of the work to submit the work; or the work is out of copyright.
- The University of Newcastle may use the work in any way it sees fit.
- If the work has been previously published that copyright may no longer belong to the author of the work so you will need to seek permission from the current copyright owner (usually the publisher).
- Copyright generally lasts 70 years from the death of the author.